Our educational model is solid and rigorous, based on the accompaniment and constant formation of the student in a continuous process of maturation, and developing their personal capacities in order to become people with:
- high expectations
- good habits
- own criterion
- able to make decisions, and express their own personality
There are five fundamental aspects that, summarized, embody the ideology of the Center:
We consider that the student should receive an integral, rational and free schooling. This schooling should include, in addition to its instruction, certain attitudes to life. These attitudes are manifested by behaviors governed by a scale of values that distinguish them as members of our educational community, both in terms of their social and professional projection as well as their human quality. Thus, we value positively the responsibility, the solidarity, the industriousness, the artistic sensitivity, the satisfaction of the work well done … It is a duty of the whole community to promote these values among our students.
We want the student to be accompanied during the entire educational process. This entails an active and personalized quality teaching, with frequent review of ideas and methods and where the student always has the possibility to improve on their individuality.
Our students’ families must share the values that move us in our task at school. In order to achieve education success and school improvement, it is vital that the main stakeholders – the family and school – pull together in the same direction. Educational work done together with parental involvement is very important to the student’s formation process, that is why we promote the School-Family joint action through:
- Tutoring and consulting
- Meetings with the teachers of the different stages
- Talks and round-table discussions
- Meetings with the Management Team
- Family counseling
Families commit themselves to respecting the school’s operating norms and to collaborate in all those tasks that are the responsibility of the family in the field of education of their children (punctuality, attendance, meetings with tutors, etc.).
The School, like any social organization, needs the application of rules that allow the guarantee of a peaceful coexistence and facilitate the creation of an ideal environment to develop our Educational Project. These principles of coexistence apply both in the School and all the activities organized within it. In this sense, we believe that preventive discipline is preferable to the corrective one, and this is reflected in the corrective measures proposed by our Internal Regime Regulation.
The teachers of the school must have the following qualities:
- Professional competence.
- Humanity that allows them to establish a relationship of trust with students and families.
- Awareness of the individuality of each student and ability to guide their learning in a personalized way.
- Respetuosos con la libertad de conciencia tanto de los padres como de los alumnos y coherentes con el ideario del Centro.
- Implicados personalmente en la formación integral del alumno.
- Formación continua e implicación en proyectos.
Nuestros profesores se comprometen a colaborar con las familias para alcanzar un grado de aprovechamiento de los recursos educativos excelente. El resto de personal del centro comparte nuestra visión de la educación y son miembros activos de nuestra comunidad.
The School’s Linguistic Project (PLC in Catalan) as part of the School Educational Project (PEC in Catalan) aims to be a multilingual project that regulates the use of languages in the different areas of the school.
The Catalan language becomes the backbone of the multilingual educational project and is the lingua franca of teaching and learning. The recognition of having to learn two languages, Catalan and Spanish, is a privilege that opens the door to develop in a plural society open to other cultures.
Regarding foreign languages, the school has chosen to offer English as the first foreign language and German as the second foreign language.
The contact with the English language begins at the Nursery School and its continuity is assured throughout Kindergarten, Primary Education, Secondary Compulsory Education and High School. Regarding English language, our school has been taking part in different projects of educational innovation since 2009:
- An experimental Program of Foreign Languages (PELE in Catalan) – 2009 – 2012. It entailed teaching Music through English at Secondary level.
- A Comenius Project – 2012-2014. Secondary level. It implied teaching Music through English and English through Music, and at the same time the great opportunity of providing intercultural learning experience through the exchange of students between different European countries that took part in the project.
- A CLIL project (in Catalan called PILE) -2012-2014, which entailed teaching Art in English at Primary level
- An experimental Group for Plurilingualism (GEP in Catalan) – from 2015 to 2017. It has implied teaching Visual Arts and Art in English at Primary level and Culture and Ethical Values in English at Secondary level.
- An E-Twinning project with different schools in Europe – English Language (Primary Education)
In addition to Catalan and Spanish, English is considered to be very important and it is taught through the CLIL approach, from Nursery School up to High School. Likewise, the students in 4th year of SCE make an end-of-year school trip to London, a project that began in 2009 and which aims to bring students in direct contact with English language and culture. It should also be emphasized that since the academic year 2014-15, an extracurricular activity has been carried out for students who wish to take the official Cambridge exams (PET and FCE). Another aspect that should be highlighted is the presence of the English language assistant from Nursery School up to High School, which is a resource of vital importance in the context of our school, as it offers the opportunity for both teachers and students to practice English.
The second foreign language, German, is introduced in 3rd year of SCE and is a two-year elective with continuity at High School as an extracurricular activity. The School is involved in various international projects such as E-Twinning with different schools of Europe.
This means that our students, at the end of 4th year of SCE must master Catalan as lingua franca and school language. Furthermore, they must master Spanish and one or two foreign languages in order to become users and learners able to communicate and get access to knowledge in a plurilingual and multilingual environment.